Wednesday, August 18, 2010

like I have an abandoned blog!!!!

I just remembered that I have a blog! A very long time has passed since I last wrote, but now I have a life change that I would like to share.

I just started a new diet, Herbalife, and I have decided to keep a diary of my experiences. I was going to keep it hidden away in a password protected spreadsheet, but I figured since nobody (including myself) reads this blog, I'll put it up here!

So.... Day 1!

I took before pictures, that I am not proud to show, but since nobody's going to see it anyway I'll put one up purely for documentation purposes.

Morning. For breakfast I made a shake with coffee. Drinking coffee is not recommended by the program as it's toxic, but I have to have my coffee. Tomorrow I'll use less coffee and more ice so it's more shakey and less iced coffee-ee. I had to add 2 splendas to make it sweeter, maybe with less coffee the powder will be sweet enough. We'll work up to no sugar. I also added a splash of 1/2 and 1/2. Took the pills about 1 minute ago, nothing yet...

Lunch. So…. After my coffee "shake" and all the vitamins this morning I ended up totally cracked out. Entertaining, but maybe for everyone else's sake I should avoid that in the future… Luckily I brought my sample protein bar when I left the house so I ate that with a bottle of water on the way to C-dub (Coral World) and fixed the crackedness. For lunch I made a pineapple shake, with no added caffein. I put in one huge piece of my frozen pineapple, a few ice cubes, and some water. This actually tastes delicious. I have a very nice dinner planned too. This should shape up to be a decent first day.

Evening. AKA WAITING FOR DINNER! So today was entertaining. Everything tasted good but I'm ending my day a tad bit hungrier than normal and just a little cracked out. It's alright though, I am confident that each day will be easier as my stomach, and mind, adjust to the new lifestyle. I went snorkeling for almost 2 hours so I feel that was sufficient exercise, but swimming always makes me hungry! For dinner I am going to make rosemary and thyme tilapia with halved baby potatoes and yellow squash. Baked, not fried. I would like to eat it now, but it's not dinner time yet. And the food is raw... So I wait while the fish defrosts but when Jason gets home I will be very excited to be eating real food! So concludes Day 1, I'll report tomorrow on how I "react" to the evening pills (that I was supposed to take earlier) that I take with dinner.