Tuesday, August 24, 2010

first week is OOOOVVVAA!

So, today ends week one. I have officially been eating one meal a day for seven days. How do I feel? I'm going to go with good. I feel good. According to my measurements I'm losing random 1/4 inches but I think that might just be normal fluctuations. I haven't weighed myself since I don't own a scale. I'm not discouraged at all though, because I really do feel good.

Sunday was the chili cookoff, that was probably a bit of a setback. I wouldn't exactly call random ramekins of chili a "balanced meal" but that was my meal for the day... I did learn something fun this week. These products are doing a wonderful job of boosting my metabolism, and apparently that affects alcohol consumption. I would definitely not call myself a drinker. A glass of wine with dinner and an occasional cocktail while out is about as far as I go. But the other night I went crazy and had a beer, and my energy booster pill. I woke up the next morning feeling like I had been binge drinking for days and was suffering the hangover of the century. Luckily it was just a headache, but to a non-drinker that's pretty upsetting! I didn't make the connection but Jason said that it must be the boosted metabolism...

Unfortunately success is pretty boring, and I'm feeling pretty successful thus far. But you know what's not boring? Today I wrote two verses of a song, 8 haikus, and 2 limericks. If you've read older posts you know I love to write, so I am going to share with you some of the poems I wrote today. I'm keeping the song a secret in hopes that a real musician is going to read it, put it to music, and make it good.

girl in hula skirt.
yeah, i'm totally jealous.
evil thoughts ensue...

my lyrics are dumb
linguistically challenged
genius to the core.

how much is out there
to scribe with pen and paper
document the world.

feeling fantastic
supercharged and flying free
feels good to be me.

i just wrote a song
called i'm a weeble wobble.
i hope you like it.

i wrote five haikus.
wait, now i'm on number six.
will it never end?!

saucy limericks
bubble through my lingual lips
onto your deaf ears.