Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Maybe now I'm a food blog?

Welcome to the newest resurrection of sometimes i feel! This time around I'm going to try food blogging. I've had people ask me for my recipes and I'm sure everyone wants to know what I'm eating, what I'm cooking, and what I want to eat and cook!

So today, for my first food entry I'm going with something simple that Jason convinced me to cook. I'm sure many of my "hundreds" of fans have seen the move V is for Vendetta and you may have noticed the breakfast he cooks. After researching on Wikipedia we found that one of its names is Egg in a Basket and it is delicious!

Here's my version on how to make an egg in a basket...

1. Get a small frying pan (I've tried doing more than one in bigger pans but the spacing just isn't right and you don't get a good seal) and put it on low heat.

2. Take a stick of butter and rub the pan. I suppose you could cut some off and put it in the pan to melt but I'm not a huge butter user so I've found if you just rub it around a bit you get enough for the taste and non-stickiness but not so much that you get a call from Paula Deen for a spot on the show.

3. Put your piece of bread in the pan, soak up some butter, get it warm, then flip it over. After flipped take something round, little glass or something, and poke a hole in the middle of your bread and put that in the pan.

4. Turn the heat up a little, medium/highish and crack an egg into the center of your bread. At this point I like to shake some salt and pepper on, sometimes I even throw some shredded cheese on there. Turn the heat down and put a cover on your pan.

5. Now you just wait depending on how well done you like your egg. I like a little runniness so I can soak it up with the rest of the bread so a minute or two is fine, but it's up to you. When it gets where you want it put its hat on and put it on your plate. SO SIMPLE!

So there it is, my first food entry in the newest life of sometimes i feel. I hope you enjoy it and please leave comments for different recipes you'd like to see!